Dear artists, creative practitioners & business owners, and supporters of those working in our arts and creative industries,
The Kāpiti Arts & Creative Industries cluster group in partnership with Creative New Zealand and with support from Kāpiti Coast District Council invites you to this rare workshop opportunity to discuss…How do we bring about higher and more sustainable incomes for those working in the arts and creative industries?
Earlier this year, research commissioned by Creative New Zealand and NZ On Air identified that the majority of creative professionals had difficulty making a sustainable living from their creative practice. A Profile of Creative Professionals calls for a new response.
* are remunerated fairly for their work
* are well positioned to adopt a portfolio approach to achieving a sustainable career
* are prepared for a career in the arts and cultural sector
* can access support to grow and develop a sustainable career
* careers contribute positively to their wellbeing